Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Delighted

We moved into our house 19 months ago, and until yesterday, I had not decorated the library at all.  I know exactly what I want to do in there, but the time and means had been lacking for a while.  But encouraged by how well the border in my bathroom turned out, I decided to find an Etsy shop that makes decals and get a custom-made one for the library.  I settled on a shop called A Lasting Expression, and they worked with me to find just the right script and size.  

Last night, I put it up, and once again... don't do this sort of thing with small people around to distract you.  My first attempt was horribly crooked!  And that despite careful measuring and everything.  Just too many distractions.  But because I had only stuck it to the wall a little, not smoothed over the whole thing and pressed it down, I was able to peel it back off, and then Cowboy saved my bacon by being able to hold the whole giant, sticky sheet while I re-measured and re-marked where it should go.  And the second time, it worked perfectly!  

So here it is, the first decoration in the library:


I'm going to be doing this whole Shakespeare theme in there, and when I get more things put up, I'll probably post about that here too.  The wall opposite this one will have two framed Hamlet-related items, and the other bare spots will get other nifty Shakespeare things that I already have.  Just need to get them framed!  But this is a good start.

I paid for this with money I made from my own Etsy shop, Huggermugger.  Woo!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your decall!!! What a great idea! I can't wait to see more pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping it kind of ties the whole room together, since it contains a piano, 4 book cases, and eventually will have these other Shakespeare things.

      Delete
  2. Well my dear, most people cannot say they have a library room in their home, so you had a head start before you did anything to the walls.

    I love the decals idea. I have one up in my kitchen. It has a really inspiration quote written in beautiful script. I got mine from the dollar store of all places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's so amazing -- we've been blessed with much more of a house than I ever dreamed of having. Living room, dining room, spacious kitchen, library, 4 bedrooms... it's really more than I can keep clean right now, but one day the kids will be more help in that department. And we love all the space!

      I'm actually thinking of getting another set of decals for our staircase, maybe the "fruits of the spirit" or something. We shall see! I'll have to save up for it for a while again, though.

      Delete
  3. I love it! :) I also love that you have a library in your house. I want one of those someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I have always dreamed of having a library -- this is just a room with book cases and our piano, but what else could we call it, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)