Thursday, April 04, 2013

A Loss

My camera died :-(  The one I named Haldir, that I got from Deborah Koren back when Dano was still in utero.  It's almost six years old, seen a great deal of use, and taken thousands upon thousands of pictures, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  Just sad.  He died right in the middle of a trip to DC with some visiting family members, and already I've missed a bunch of photo-taking opportunities, though I've been trying to capture things on my video camera (Yakima) than usual to make up for the lack.  I'm almost tempted to pull out one of my 35mm cameras (Gabriel, Marlowe, and my trusty Kodak) just to fill in the void, and may end up doing so.  Been a long time since I took one of them on an adventure, and I really want to get some shots of my daffodils that are blooming for the first time!

But anyway, thanks to a generous birthday gift from my dad, I've ordered a new camera.  It should look like this:
It's the Canon PowerShot A3400, and I don't know about you, but given the color and the fact that it has an A in its model number, I'm thinking it needs a very Asgardian name.  But I'll wait to decide until I actually get it :-)

6 comments:

  1. I never thought of naming a camera, but I love the idea. I get attached to things to so I know how you feel. I have a great point and shoot camera by Olympia, but I want to master my DLSR camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I name computers, cars, cameras, houses, apartments... maybe a weird writer foible?

      My dad has a sweet Nikon DSLR that I would love to have... but don't honestly have a need for right now. My pocket digital cameras do me fine right now. If I feel really artsy, I can dig out one of my 35mm SLRs :-) Good luck mastering yours! You have some lovely photos on your blog.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE that you named your camera! I shall have to do the same now. I've always named my cars though, I actually just wrote a post about it funnily enough. :D

    PS-I hope your new one arrives soon and is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some objects just cry out for a name, don't they? I named our laptop Bagheera because it is sleek and black :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. No. I semi-dated a guy named Eric. Thanks for the idea, tho!

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)