Saturday, February 18, 2017

I Love Austen Week -- Quotations Quiz Answers

Here are the answers to the Valentine quotations quiz!  I hope you had fun :-)  I know many of you did far better on this than I would have -- if I hadn't been looking these up, I would have gotten maybe half of them.  I'm impressed!

(And yes, I'm afraid one of these was actually from a movie, not directly from a book -- I should have checked that one more carefully.  It was hard to find twelve lines that would work as Valentine cards, and I was getting desperate, I guess.)

#1 Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice

#2 Elinor Dashwood, Sense and Sensibility

#3 Mr. Knightley, Emma

#4 Captain Wentworth, Persuasion

#5 Elizabeth Bennet, Pride and Prejudice

#6 Henry Tilney, Northanger Abbey

#7 Fanny Price, Mansfield Park

#8 Captain Wentworth, Persuasion

 #9 Mr. Collins, Pride and Prejudice

#10 Captain Tilney, Northanger Abbey

#11 Edmund Bertram, Mansfield Park

#12 Elizabeth Bennet, Pride and Prejudice

Scores:

John Smith -- 24
Kelsey Bryant -- 24
Heidi -- 23
Jessica Prescott -- 20
Lois Johnson -- 18
Miss March -- 18
Elanor -- 17
Erudessa Anduriel -- 17
Natalie -- 15
Livia Rachelle -- 14
Rachel (The Beckoning Hills) -- 13
Rachel (A Girl's Place) -- 11
Meredith -- 10

11 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I forgot to guess! If I had I would have gotten three right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed one from a book I just read, Edmund Betram's quote. It is this kind of quote and the beginning Edmund that make me satisfied that he could do better than what he was at the end. I feel that the transformation or enlightenment wasn't complete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Livia, do you ever get the feeling that Edmund is just really shallow, and he says these things that sound deep, but they're practically meaningless because he's just... not deep enough? I don't know. I just hope he will truly try to make Fanny happy, even if he doesn't "deserve" her.

      Delete
  3. This was such fun, Hamlette! And eek! I'm so proud of myself for getting Henry Tilney's right, because I KNEW I should know that one. ;) Those last three, though. Grr. I didn't even think of Captain Tilney for the one. Forgot all about him. ;P

    Thanks again for hosting this. It was marvelous! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it, Miss March!

      Captain Tilney's was REALLY tricky -- I never would have gotten it.

      Delete
  4. Well, 15 isn't too bad, I suppose.:P (I haven't read some of the books in awhile, so I'm not surprised some of them were hard for me. Especially Captain Tilney. Never would have thought of him!)
    Thanks for the fun game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, it's quite good! I would never have gotten the Captain Tilney quotation.

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)